My name is Ronald Pierce and I'm running to be YOUR next North Carolina Commissioner of Insurance.
WHY I'M RUNNING FOR N.C. COMMISSIONER OF INSURANCE:
In 2015-16, I ran to make a difference In the NCDOI. I lost in the primary, but I continued to work to expose Wayne Goodwin as the crook that he was and in turn helped Mike Causey get elected as NC Commissioner of Insurance. The reason I’m running to replace Commissioner Causey, as NC Commissioner of Insurance, is that he’s done nothing substantial to correct the situation. I ask for your support in my quest to clean up the corruption in the N.C. Insurance Industry and the N.C. Department of Insurance.
CHANGES I WANT TO MAKE AT THE NCDOI:
Mission of the North Carolina Department of Insurance- I believe that there needs to be a reassignment of the Mission of the North Carolina Department of Insurance. The Mission of the Department should focus on the support and protection of the Consumers of Insurance Products in the State of North Carolina, not to cater to the Insurance Companies who do business in the State of North Carolina.
Inspector General- I will move to establish an Inspector General within the N.C. Department of Insurance that will intervene in any potential criminal activities that arise within the Department.
Non-Compete/Cooling Off Period- I will move to establish a rule in the N.C. Department of Insurance that any employee who leaves the NCDOI must wait a minimum of 3 years before being employed by ANY operation that is regulated by the Department.
Homeowner- Contractor Shared Responsibility- I will work to establish in the N.C. Department of Insurance a regulation, by working with the General Assembly, to establish a “shared responsibility” of liability between the property owner and the contractor on projects under regulation of the Department.
Medicaid- Being that Medicaid is by definition an “Insurance Product”, I will work to move oversight of the North Carolina Medicaid Programs under the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
WHY YOU SHOULD SUPPORT ME TO FIX THE DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE IN NORTH CAROLINA:
- I CAN NOT BE BOUGHT BY ANY SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP.
- I WILL STOP ALL CORRUPTION AT THE NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE. I WILL NOT STAND FOR CORRUPTION OF ANY TYPE OR KIND.
- THERE WILL BE NO SECRECY OF ANY TYPE. TRANSPARENCY EXPOSES CORRUPTION.
- WE, AS CITIZENS IN THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA, ABSOLUTELY NEED AN INDEPENDENT INSPECTOR GENERAL’S OFFICE TO INVESTIGATE COMPLAINTS IN THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY. I WILL PUSH TO MAKE SURE THIS COMES INTO ACTION.
- THERE MUST BE PROPER SUPERVISION OF INSURANCE COMPANIES IN ACCORDANCE WITH N.C. GENERAL STATUTE 58-2, AND ESPECIALLY THEIR CLAIM ADJUSTERS IN ACCORDANCE WITH N.C. GENERAL STATUTE 58-63-15-11. I “WILL” MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
- BAIL BONDING COMPANIES AND ALL BAIL BOND AGENTS MUST BE PROPERLY SUPERVISED IN ACCORDANCE WITH N.C. LAWS. PROPER AUDITING OF ALL AGENTS MUST BE IN PLACE TO ACCOUNT FOR ALL OF THE CASH THAT AGENTS TAKE TO RELEASE PEOPLE FROM JAIL. I WILL “MAKE” THIS TO HAPPEN.
- INSURANCE RATE FIXING IS EXACTLY WHAT THE NORTH CAROLINA RATE BUREAU IS CHARGED TO DO. IN 2017 THE RATE BUREAU AGREED TO AN 18.7 % RATE INCREASE. STATE FARM AND NATIONWIDE, AFTER THEY AGREED UPON THIS, WENT RIGHT BEHIND THE RATE BUREAU AND RAISED SOME HOMEOWNERS BY UP TO 60%. WHY WEREN’T THERE HEARINGS AND FINES ON THESE ILLEGAL ACTS? WITH RONALD PIERCE AS THE NORTH CAROLINA COMMISSIONER OF INSURANCE THESE KINDS OF ABUSES WILL BE EXPOSED AND PROSECUTED.
- FALSE ARRESTS HAVE BEEN EXECUTED, FOR BOTH POLITICAL REASONS AND AT THE “SUGGESTION” OF INSURANCE COMPANIES, BY THE N.C. D.O.I. WHEN THE INSURANCE COMPANIES REFUSE TO PAY FOR LEGITIMATE CLAIMS. I WILL STAND AGAINST THIS KIND OF ABUSE OF THE RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA.
- I PERSONALLY KNOW OF 5 PEOPLE BEING FALSELY ARRESTED AND CHARGED BY THE N.C. D.O.I., MYSELF BEING ONE OF THEM. I WAS FALSELY ARRESTED FOR 108 FELONIES OF OBTAINING PROPERTY UNDER FALSE PRETENSES. ALL CHARGES WERE THEN DROPPED AGAINST ME DUE TO NO PROBABLE CAUSE. THIS KIND OF CORRUPTION AND MALFEASANCE MUST END. I WILL MAKE THIS TO HAPPEN.
NewsSunday, January 19, 2020 1:35 PM
GASTON COUNTY CANDIDATE FORUM
I would like to thank the good people of the Gaston County Republican Women and the Gaston County GOP for holding an excellent State-wide Primary candidate forum yesterday. And thank you to all of the people who attended.
Monday, January 13, 2020 1:13 PM
In an action that makes Tom Campbell and NC SPIN, along with the UNC-TV System, closer to the "Babylon Bee" than any legitimate news source, they have named N.C. Commissioner of Insurance their "Tar Heel of the Year" because he minimally did his job. See my letter to Mr. Campbell in the linked summary, as well as his reply.
Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:40 AM
Lincoln County GOP Women "Christmas With Conservatives"
What a wonderful event in Lincolnton last evening. Merry Christmas to All. Thank you to Melisa Harrison for hosting this.
Friday, November 1, 2019 10:28 AM
A Real Example of Bad Insurance Law
In this year's Session of the North Carolina General Assembly the law at this link was introduced:
Fortunately for the North Carolina Consumer, it didn't go anywhere. I know that this law was directed at me and my business. Don't get me wrong, there are good parts of this bill that should be enacted, such as new and better consumer protection against bad contractors. But the plan to remove "Assignment of Claims" and "Limited Power of Attorney" from contractors will only hurt consumers, not help them. This is a prime example of the insurance industry using the legislature to protect themselves, not the consumer.
Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:22 AM
Cumberland County Republican Women
Had a wonderful time speaking with the Cumberland County Republican Women's Club last evening. What a great opportunity to help educate interested people about the N.C. Dept. of Insurance.